Bob Travers Honored for 38 Years of Service to the Town
Bob Travers, lifelong Woodbury resident, was honored recently at the Woodbury Democratic Town Committee's Oktoberfest for his 38 years of volunteer service to the town of Woodbury, as a member, chair, and vice-chair of the Zoning and Planning Commissions. Pictured in photo, from the left: Paul Hinckley, Bill Butterly, Bob Travers, Mary Jane McClay, George Hale.
News & Events
NEW! See our ARCHIVES for past events and press releases; Quicktime movies of past campaigns, election rallies and fundraising events; and photos.
>> In the News: Press Releases & Articles
- Woodbury Democratic Caucus [May 2, 2016]
- Democratic candidates seek "sensible and sustainable growth" that "preserves our natural resources" [Click here to read full press release]
- Snider Calls on Woodburians to Volunteer [Click here to read full press release]
- Pancakes and Conversation with the Candidates [August 24, 2015]
- "A Positive Step for the Future" [February 4, 2015] - A letter from the Woodbury Democratic Town Committee in support of the recently accepted application to the American Institute of Architects, Center for Communities by Design for a Sustainable Design Assessment for Woodbury.
- Free Democratic Family Picnic on September 28, 2014 Features November Candidates, Elected Officials, Picnic Fare [September 18, 2014]
- Woodbury Democrats to Hold October 25 "Fall Fun Lasagna Dinner"[September 24, 2014]
- Woodbury Democrats Endorse Two for State Races [August 28, 2014]
- Democratic Caucus April 1 [March 26, 2014]
- OPEN HOUSE to HONOR George Hale and Debora
h Fuller [February 19, 2014]
- 7th Annual Washington, D.C. High School Student Internship Program[April 21, 2013]
- Woodbury Democratic Town Committee supports development of guidelines for Town Boards and Commissions [February 2013)
- Letter to First Selectman Gerald Stomski regarding guidelines for Town Boards and Commissions [February28, 2013]
- Democratic Primary August 14, 2012
- Woodbury Democratic Caucus, May 29, 7 pm, Rec House
- 6th Annual Washington, DC, Student Internship Program
- Free Democratic Family Picnic on Sept. 25 Features Food, Municipal Candidates, and State Democrats
- Remembering September 11 (from Woodbury-Middlebury Patch)
- A letter of response by Selectman George Hale and other candidates to the BEDC's invitation to a BEDC-sponsored debate on September 14. [Click here to view as a PDF.]
- 2011 Campaign Kickoff Reception POSTPONED due to Hurricane Irene! The kickoff event is now scheduled for FRIDAY, Sept. 9
5:30 - 7:30 at the Woodbury Senior/Community Center
Click here or full details of this rescheduled event!
Woodbury Democratic Party announces slate of candidates [July 22, 2011
Woodbury Democratic Town Committee endorses four candidates for Region 14 Board of Education [May 19, 2011]
5th Annual Washington, DC High School Student Internship Program Seeks Applicants [March 25, 2011]
Woodbury Democratic Town Committee Says"Hasty, Ill-Advised" Job Cuts Hurt Economy, Impact Public Safety [August 20, 2010]
Woodbury Democratic Town Committee endorses BOE candidates Cosgriff, Gati, Juhas, Paluskas [May 19, 2010]