A Scavenger Hunt for Kids
A Chance to Meet the Candidates for Parents
Woodbury North (Gazebo) Green
Saturday, November 2, 2013
11:30 am - 1 pm
Prizes • Hot dogs • Beverages
While your children enjoy hunting for scavenger items on the North Green, take a few minutes to have a “give and take “ with Democratic endorsed candidates.
The endorsed Woodbury Democratic candidates are “all ears” and want to hear from Woodbury parents—their thoughts, concerns, questions, and ideas about how we can come together to make Woodbury stronger.
The Woodbury Democratic endorsed slate includes: Martin Overton (Selectman), Richard Snider (Moderator), Katy Sherer (Planning Commission Alternate), Bob Clarke (Zoning Commission), Alex DeSorbo (Board of Finance), Frank Kovacs (Zoning Board of Appeals), Mary Tyrrell (Inland Wetlands Agency) and Don Richards (Inland Wetlands Agency Alternate).
We'll have hot dogs and drinks for all, and prizes for the scavenger hunt!
News & Events
NEW! See our ARCHIVES for past events and press releases; Quicktime movies of past campaigns, election rallies and fundraising events; and photos.
>> Activities & Upcoming Events (Woodbury)
- Sunday, October 27
"A Conversation with the Candidates" at the North (Gazebo) Green, 12 noon - 1:30 pm
Meet the Democratic candidates for the November municipal election. Bring your questions, concerns, and most of all — your suggestions about how we can move Woodbury FORWARD.
Light refreshments will be served.
- Saturday, November 2
“Scavenger Hunt for Kids” and “Ask the Candidates – a Listening Event” for parents at the Woodbury North Green, Saturday, November 2, 2013 11:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
While your children search for the hidden scavenger items on the North Green, take a few minutes to have a “give and take with Democratic endorsed candidates. The endorsed Woodbury Democratic candidates are “all ears” and want to hear from Woodbury parents—their thoughts, concerns, questions, and ideas about how we can come together to make Woodbury stronger.
Hot dogs and drinks will be served. Prizes!
>> Activities & Upcoming Events in Other Towns
>> In the News: Press Releases & Articles
7th Annual Washington, D.C. High School Student Internship Program[April 21, 2013]
- Woodbury Democratic Town Committee supports development of guidelines for Town Boards and Commissions [February 2013)
- Letter to First Selectman Gerald Stomski regarding guidelines for Town Boards and Commissions [February28, 2013]
- Democratic Primary August 14, 2012
- Woodbury Democratic Caucus, May 29, 7 pm, Rec House
- 6th Annual Washington, DC, Student Internship Program
- Free Democratic Family Picnic on Sept. 25 Features Food, Municipal Candidates, and State Democrats
- Remembering September 11 (from Woodbury-Middlebury Patch)
- A letter of response by Selectman George Hale and other candidates to the BEDC's invitation to a BEDC-sponsored debate on September 14. [Click here to view as a PDF.]
- 2011 Campaign Kickoff Reception POSTPONED due to Hurricane Irene! The kickoff event is now scheduled for FRIDAY, Sept. 9
5:30 - 7:30 at the Woodbury Senior/Community Center
Click here or full details of this rescheduled event!
Woodbury Democratic Party announces slate of candidates [July 22, 2011
Woodbury Democratic Town Committee endorses four candidates for Region 14 Board of Education [May 19, 2011]
5th Annual Washington, DC High School Student Internship Program Seeks Applicants [March 25, 2011]
Woodbury Democratic Town Committee Says"Hasty, Ill-Advised" Job Cuts Hurt Economy, Impact Public Safety [August 20, 2010]
Woodbury Democratic Town Committee endorses BOE candidates Cosgriff, Gati, Juhas, Paluskas [May 19, 2010]